Pastel range of financial and
accounting software is one of the
most comprehensive suites of
financial software in the world.
Pastel Express addresses the Small Office Home Office market, the Pastel Partner range addresses the small to medium sized businesses and the modularised Pastel
Evolution range caters to the top-end market. The Pastel range affords the user a unique and complete upgrade path from Pastel
Express to Partner with full data file compatibility. All the software in the Pastel range has the same user interface. This, together with the data file compatibility, means that the user has a true, seamless upgrade path. This upgrade path is true even between different operating platforms.
Further information on Pastel Accounting
Additional Pastel Modules
Please click a link below for more information on the particular Pastel module:
Pastel Payroll is an Australian payroll system designed and developed jointly by Pastel Software and Datascope, authors of the popular WinPay payroll package. Pastel Payroll is designed to integrate with Pastel Accounting, but can be run stand-alone. Developed with ease-of-use in mind, a combination of default settings and systems prompts enable you to produce accurate payslips within minutes! Pastel Payroll combines the savings of an in-house payroll system with the simplicity of Windows.
Pastel Payroll ships with an incredibly easy Backup and Restore option - to ensure security. A built-in data integrity check ensures that there are no physical or logical errors on data prior to backup. Plus you have two-level password control to restrict access for other payroll operators.
Pastel Payroll integrates with the Pastel Partner Accounting range and Pastel SOHO Accounting. It generates balanced reports and export files of all transactions for posting in these programs.
- Affordable employee based licences.
- Annual support contracts give you all the help you need.
- Multi-company option.
- Unlimited number of awards, allowances, deductions and pay rates. Awards can be globally updated through a dedicated automated procedure.
- Monthly, weekly, bi-weekly and fortnightly employees in the same company.
- Accounts for employee leave by calculating hours leave due per employee and leave liability. Includes facilities for annual leave, sick leave, long service leave, etc.
- Handles Medicare levy and Superannuation.
- Current Tax coefficients are supplied. The user can modify these at any time, including year-end.
- Costing by cost centre or department. Integrate this with cost centre / departmental GL accounts.
- If required, process selected employees in advance (for example, before they go on leave) without repeating their payslip during the main payroll print run.
- Full audit trail of transactions.
- You can pay by cheque, Electronic Funds Transfer or cash with a coinage analysis. EFT listings can be given to your bank electronically, or as hard copy. You can print cheques on pre-printed forms.
- Easy termination pay-off and reinstatement of an employee.
- Print Group Certificates at the touch of a button. Lodge Group Certificates electronically.
- Powerful pre-written reports. Simply select all reports required and print in one run.
- An ODBC driver is available to allow you to read payroll data and report further.
- A Multi-User version is available if simultaneous access if required by more than one operator.
- Rostered Days Off and Earnings History add-on modules are available.
If you want to ensure that you are able to do your banking whenever it suits you, talk to your bank about their on-line banking application. These PC-based systems let you dial into your bank by modem and pay any of your suppliers or staff electronically. But for Pastel Partner users there is an additional benefit:
Platypus Software have developed an add-on module to the Pastel Partner range which allows you to initiate these transactions from within your Pastel cash book, and up load them directly to your on-line banking program - this means that there is no double entry of information (previously you would have had to recapture all your electronic transfers into your cash book, like conventional cheque / other payments). You'll save loads of time, and be able process payments when it suits you, using Icebound for Pastel and an on-line banking program.
Icebound uses the new Pastel Developers Tool kit to communicate with Pastels core data files, reading cash book transactions that you enter. You determine which supplier you want to pay and how much you wish to pay them, and Icebound combines Pastel transaction information with BUSBY and Account numbers stored for every supplier in Pastel to produce a bank transfer file in an IBA (Australian Banking Association) formalities format is used by all major banks, and has been specifically approved as acceptable for use with their on-line programs by the ANZ Bank, National Australia Bank, Westpac Banking Corporation and Commonwealth Bank.
The key is that banks treat a single transfer file as one transaction no matter how many payments you make in the batch. By paying suppliers in weekly or monthly transfer batches you save on transaction fees. One of the four major Banks gave us these estimated cost-savings.
- In a cheque run of 100 cheques you could pay:
- 40c per cheque for Account Keeping Fees
- A minimum of 40c per cheque Federal Govt Tax (up to $4.00 per cheque based on the value of transaction)
- 45c per cheque in Postage
- 32c per pre-printed cheque (where computer pre-printed cheques are used; handwritten cheques are free)
- Labour Costs (which vary from business to business; handwritten cheques take more time)
- Stationery, Envelopes, etc. In this example, in just one year (100 cheques per month), your direct costs (excluding time and labour involved) will be a minimum of $1884.00.
- Using this bank's electronic banking facility and EzeBank you'd pay just $368.80. You will pay a once off fee of about $75.00 for the bank's software. Add to this a one-time fee of $497.00 for the Ezebank for Pastel interface and your direct savings in the first year are still $1188.20. In the second and subsequent years you would save over $1500 each year!
- FEATURES: The EzeBank system features a Setup Assistant Wizard to assist with quick setting up of basic information.
- It handles multiple bank accounts (tied to Pastel Cashbook Entry Types) and unlimited numbers of multiple companies. All your EzeBank information is stored within the Pastel Company folder to ensure that this data is backed up using the standard Pastel back-up procedures. EzeBank ships with self-installable disks (the 32-bit Btrieve version is supplied as part of the installation) and a detailed manual. EzeBank will save you heaps of time and quickly pay for itself.
EZeService offers a solution to equipment servicing businesses to operate a single integrated system encompassing equipment maintenance control and financial reporting control. It will record maintenance jobs, produce service requests, capture parts and labour costs related to a job, determine pricing and profits, produce service reports for the client and invoices, and produce standard Pastel financial reporting via the seamless interface to the Pastel Partner Accounting Software.
- This Equipment Servicing and Invoicing System starts as creation of a job card, allocating parts and labour as you go. It also has an equipment database noting serial numbers and owners of equipment. It will suit companies who service equipment and need to keep track of parts and labour expended on a job.
List of all jobs & quotes in system
- Enter as a job or a quotation. Once the customer accepts the quotation it can then easily be turned into a job.
- Visual job matrix allows jobs to be viewed and filtered and acts as a central point for accessing jobs.
- Jobs can be categorised by service type, job type and equipment type (all user-definable).
- Job status is set by the user, allowing quick and accurate control of jobs. v Jobs can be quickly copied from another job, to save time.
- More than one piece of equipment can be associated with one job number. All information relating to a specific job can be viewed from the one screen
- Click on the tabs to quickly view information relevant to that tab .
- Enter parts against a job as you use them.
- Allocate a job number and identify as cash sales or on account. This job number flows through to the Pastel Cost Code and therefore allows use of Pastel's standard Cost Code reporting analysis.
- Jobs can be gradually invoiced. Therefore multiple invoices within Pastel will all point to the same job number.
- From within EZeService you can see all your Pastel customers, parts and labour details and GL codes. Work required and service comments are printed on job card and invoice
- Service report is printed for each job showing details and reference to invoice number generated. Report details the job and expended total labour, miscellaneous charges and an invoice total.
- Produces various reports such as service request, service reports invoice, service due report, service reminder letter, work in progress, work completed but not delivered, and equipment master listing.
- Caters for over the counter sales and on-account payments and payment methods. Retains complete service history
- Equipment Masters stores information relating to specific equipment. You can click on Lto view select from a list.
- Identify type of equipment, serial number how often equipment is scheduled for servicing.
- Identify the owner of the equipment.
- See at a glance the previous service details or next service scheduled.
- For complete service history click on the Service History button .
- Original warranty details are displayed. Labour charge-out rates
- A technician can have different labour charge-out rates. For example you may charge differently for on-site work compared to your workshop or after hours rates.
- You can enter various technicians and their charge-out rate.
- Assists with calculating profitability of every job. Reports Equipment Listing by Customer, Equipment Service Due Report, Job Status Report, Technician Report, Technician Job Schedule, Bulk Labour Input, Job Invoice, Job Service Report, Job Card.
EZeSync synchronizes your Pastel
Debtors/Suppliers information with
the world wide Goldmine Contact
Management System, allowing you to
maintain only one database. So
updating two databases is now a
thing of the past, EZeSync will do
all the hard work for you. All your
Customer files, Debtors and Supplier
information is automatically updated
for you. Plus standard field
information will automatically pass
between these two programs in both
Features Include :
Wizards make it simple to use
At any time you can set either
Pastel or Goldmine to be the
master and EZeSync will transfer
Easily and quickly update your
debtors and / or suppliers
When your Goldmine prospect
becomes a new customer, all
their information is
automatically transferred to
You can quickly and easily
transfer information both ways
between Goldmine & Pastel. Link
is facilitated by simply tagging
Goldmine records (using the
While in Goldmine you can even
view a list of invoices from a
Pastel customer. (These can be
viewed using your favourite
browser as they are stored as
You can simply page between
invoices without going back to
Goldmine to select the next
Selectively match the key fields
in Goldmine with Pastel Customer
Hold Sales this year and last
year as well as last sales date
Stores last ten invoices in
Goldmine under the Links Tab.
Pastel RapidFire is the culmination
of over nine years of intense
development and product enhancement
of the original RapidFire (DOS)
program and its move into the
Windows environment. The input from
high profile clients such as the
Tandy Organisation, Lincraft and
Spotlight has been instrumental in
Although the software has long been
recognised as a leader in terms of
POS functionality, the emphasis that
larger corporate and franchise
clients placed upon "value added"
and "after sales marketing",
highlighted the fact that there was
more to point-of-sale processing,
than just good functionality.
Pastel POS RapidFire represents
theWindows version of this powerful
POS product and links to the Pastel
Partner back-office accounting and
inventory management system to give
a total retailer business solution.
Where over-the-counter sales are
required in a low volume sales
environment, Pastel POS Standard is
likely to satisfy all the client's
needs; where high-speed processing
or specific functionality is
required, Pastel POS RapidFire will
give you that extra retail edge!
RapidFire Key Features:
When using Pastel POS RapidFire it
is possible to void an unlimited
number of individual items within a
sale. This feature is a time saver
when customers change their minds.
Please note that is also possible to
void total transactions in the
currently active shift. ¬ Unlimited
Split Tendering If a customer wishes
to finalise their transaction with
different forms of payment, it's
easy. Pastel POS RapidFire allows
the customer an unlimited
combination of choices for payment
type in the one transaction. Split
cash, credit cards, cheques, foreign
Export & Import Data Pastel POS
RapidFire allows any information
contained in the database to be
exported to virtually any third
party application. This includes
other accounting programs,
spreadsheets, databases &
word-processors....etc. The same can
be said for the importation of data
into Pastel POS RapidFire. Our easy
to configure importation module
allows even the novice user to
import data from third party
programs directly into Pastel POS
Integrated Stock Control If using
Pastel POS RapidFire as the sole
means of business management, the
point-of-sale functions of Pastel
POS RapidFire can be fully
integrated to its own sophisticated
stock control module. This module
supports an unlimited number of
stock items and departments that
will supply all of the industry
standard functions and reports that
today's busy retail outlet requires.
Re-orders, stocktake, variance,
sales tax and much, much more.
Log Out In similar fashion to a
screen saver, Pastel POS Rapid Fire
allows a user configurable "Auto Log
Out" feature. When implemented, the
program will automatically log out
an operator who has been using the
"back office" functions and has not
performed a keyboard operation for a
pre-set period of time. This
prevents unwelcome personnel from
gaining access to sensitive
information when a workstation is
Delayed Shift Processing Pastel POS
RapidFire allows a shift to be
closed on demand and another one
started immediately. This ensures
that your valuable clients are not
held up in peak sales periods. Any
shift can be processed and balanced
immediately or at a later stage in
the day. In a multi-user environment
you can even end a shift, then
immediately start a new one,
allowing you to balance the
finalised shift on another
workstation. Great for clearing
money for banking purposes during
busy late night and weekend trading.
Tax Calculations - GST & VAT Pastel
POS RapidFire incorporates a
sophisticated sales tax module which
can apply up to 4 separate rates of
tax or exemptions to each individual
stock item or product department.
This module also interfaces to our
debtors accounts module and will
automatically apply the tax method,
which is pre-set for the specific
debtor. If a customer presents their
tax exemption certificate at
point-of-sale, then it's a simple
matter of pressing one key to
commence a tax-exempt sale. In fact,
you can even combine tax exempt and
taxable sales on the one sales
Advanced Lay-by Functions Pastel POS
RapidFire incorporates the very
latest programming techniques for
lay-by functions, some of which
cannot be found in competitor
products. For example, Pastel POS
RapidFire allows lay-by customers to
have an unlimited number of
individual lay-by's active at any
one time, without the need for
raising separate lay-by accounts.
This is great for customers who wish
to budget and amortise their
payments on multiple lay-by's to
coincide with predetermined
finalisation dates e.g.: Birthdays,
Mothers Day, Christmas... etc.
Another feature is the speed and
ease of raising and processing
lay-by's. From the operator's
perspective, using the lay-by
functions of our program is no more
complex than doing a basic cash or
Frequent Shopper Data Base Pastel
POS RapidFire allows the business
owner to maintain and capture vital
sales information on their cash
customers without hampering the
speed of sales processing. This is
ideal for purchasing trend analysis
and after sales marketing to your
valuable retail clients. To capture
information and store it for later
use is as simple as a few basic
Membership Discounts This feature is
ideal in situations where a
proprietor offers a different cash
sale price to normal retail for club
members or preferred clients. If the
client presents verification of
their membership status, the
operator can press one key to have
all items sold at the nominated
membership price level. Once the
sale is finalised Pastel POS
RapidFire reverts back to its normal
mode of operation.